One of the most important things to do when you are just starting out is to start with your self. Many people fail to realize that they are the most important person in genealogy.
In this episode, I make the case that genealogy starts with you and how you can start your family tree with only what you know.
Start With Your Self
Thanks for embarking on a very rewarding journey.
Confirm family stories
Your Greatest Genealogical Resource is you Start With Yourself, How?
Start the Old Fashion Way
- Pencil Paper
Write Everything You know
- Who You Parents are
- Your Grandparents
- Great Grandparents
- Do a Six Generation Family Chart http://misbach.org/download/pedigree_chart.pdf
- Then Your Uncles and Aunts cousins
- Family Group Sheet http://misbach.org/download/FamilyGroupRecord.pdf
From Now on Start Saving all Invitations
Start Recording All The Stories
- In writing
- audio tape
- Note who told them to you
Remember You are your greatest resource
- No one will research for you
- Ok You can pay someone, not the same
Next Episode: Search Your Home
- Don’t waste years looking for records that you may already have.
Don’t forget to please leave us a review at iTunes, and stitcher thanks beforehand. Reviews help others discover my little podcast. : ) Help support this podcast by buying any of my Books located here http://mexicangenealogy.com/books/ Hope that you had fun and until next time, God bless.