Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming 6th We Are Cousins Virtual Genealogy Conference to be held September 21-22, 2023.
The We Are Cousins Conference is the perfect conference to grow you genealogy knowledge and skills. It is also the official Conference of the Mexican Genealogy Community.
Our conference is all virtual and you can attend from the comfort of your home or anywhere you choose from. You no longer have to pay for hotel, and travel. Attending is easy, during conference days just log in to our website with your log in information created during your registration or use the special link we send out each morning to attend (no log in required).
Pricing and Important Dates
- Early Bird, June 1 - July 31, 2023 ($49.95) *
- Regular, August 1 - August 31, 2023 ($74.95) *
- Late Registration, September 1 - September 19, 2023 (99.95) *
*Prices are for the Silver Pass, keep on reading to learn more about our other two passes.
Is this Conference for You?
This conference is perfect for anyone with roots in Mexico/Spanish Colonial Mexico and the United States. Our presentations focus on genealogy and methodology. It is a conference to grow your genealogy knowledge and research skills.
Can't Attend During Conference Days?
We have you covered! If must to work or have something planned with your family, don't worry. After the conference is over you will have from September 23 until November 30th, 2023, to watch the recordings. How cool is that?
Three Conference Pass Options
- Silver Pass - You get one conference pass for September 21-22, 2023, and recordings of 6th WACCON from September 23 - November 30, 2023.
- Gold Pass - You get the same as the Silver Pass plus access to 125 archived presentations from past conferences from September 23 - November 30, 2023.
- Platinum Pass - You get all the above plus access is for a full year starting on the day you sign up. You can start watching past archived presentations today!
Here is the Conference Schedule
Here is the conference schedule day by day along with the names of our speakers. For full descriptions or more about the speaker just click on their name.
September 20, 2023
- 7:00 PM - Keynote: Grandpa Rode with Pancho Villa - by Cindy Medina
September 21, 2023
- 9:00 AM - The Whys, Hows, and Wherefores of a Surname Study - by Lianne Kruger
- 10:00 AM - The Tlaxcalans of Northeast Mexico - by John P. Schmal
- 11:00 AM - Land Holders: Missions, Prisidios, Ranches to Land Grants - by Leslie Carney
- 1:00 PM - Hemerotecas in México - by Lisa Medina
- 2:00 PM - An Introduction to Forensic Genetic Genealogy - by Penny Walters
- 3:00 PM - Lesser Known Census Records: Non-Population Schedules - by Laurie Castillo
September 22, 2023
- 9:00 AM - Día de Muertos! Origin, Meaning, and Significance - by Jose Ruben Riojas
- 10:00 AM - Mexican American Mutual Aid Societies - by Joy Oria
- 11:00 AM - Where to Start: Beginning Tips for Researching Mexican Families - by Ryan Jordan
- 1:00 PM - Researching as We Age: Ways to Reboot the Brain - by Jean Wilcox Hibben
- 2:00 PM - Reconstructing Mama Pepa's DNA - by Wesley Johnston
- 3:00 PM - Our Black Sheep and Their Prison Records - by Eleanor Brinsko
Thank you for being a member of the Mexican Genealogy Community! Don't forget, Early Bird pricing of $49.95 is the lowest pricing that this conference has ever had to register. Don't miss out register today before the pricing goes up. https://wacconference.com/register/